Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hudson's New Character Personality on Rules of Engagement

I would like to take the time to make this post about Oliver Hudson's character on the CBS comedy, Rules of Engagement.

Rules of Engagement title card, with Hudson on the far left
Now, I am new viewer of the show.  Having watched a couple of past episodes before this season, I can honestly say I have no reference point in regards to Hudson's character's previous personality.  From what I have read, the writers seemed to have changed Adam (Hudson's character) into the dumb character of the group, that often does stuff that can be considered feminine.  Long-time fans seemed to collectively dislike this switch in writing and the disappointment was evident.  I read all of this this and I disagreed completely.  Maybe it's because, once again, I have no reference point.  Maybe it's because I do enjoy watching the airheads on sitcoms. 

Bottom line: Adam is the funniest character on the show.

Yes, every show has the dumb character.  But Hudson fills this role with in a new way and I feel like he's the character I look forward to the most.  Thankfully, the supporting cast around, as well, is great.  There are no bad characters and it's one of the reasons I enjoy the show so much.

Hudson and his wife on the show.
Watch Rules of Engagement on Monday nights at 8:30 Eastern.  You may like it.  Especially Adam.  I mean, how can you not like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment